Wednesday, July 30, 2008

An Orignal Design



This is my sweetheart apron. Scalloped edges and a sweetheart neckline. All edged in a dark pink/rose gingham. The tulip pockets echo the neckline. The main fabric of this apron is denim.

I make a lot of aprons out of lighter weight denim. Why have an apron if it's not going be do the job of protecting you while you cook or clean or whatever?

My etsy store is empty for now. I'm working on some new items for it. It's a wonder I can get any sewing done at all. In my garden, the green beans are ready to be picked, the tomatoes are ripe and the squash are nearly ready. And it all needs to be weeded. Got lots of banana peppers too.

Last night I did the "let's not mess up a bunch of pots and pans" dinner. I already had rice cooked from earlier in the day. I sauteed boneless chicken breast with onions and mushrooms and a shot of terriyaki sauce and some Mrs. Dash seasoning mix (we have to watch the sodium). When the chicken reach about 170 degrees F, I took it out and put it in a bowl with a lid to steam a bit. Then I sliced up 2 squash and 2 zucchini, sauteed with a bit of Smart Balance margarine. The liquid from the squash de-glazed the pan. I added a few cherry tomatoes and cooked until done. Then I added the chicken back in and heated for a few minutes. During the last 2 or 3 minutes of cooking, I sprinkled parmesan cheese on the squash.

This was really good. The squash, onions, mushrooms and tomatoes just taste like summer.

I have a KitchenAid commercial grade non-stick saute pan, about 14 inches in size. It came from Target. If you cook, you need one of these. It's great. Nothing sticks and it's so non-stick, when you rinse it out, there's only a drop or two or water left in it. Just remember to always wash it out by hand and don't use oil in it except as a seasoning element. It's perfect for cooking in one pan dinners.

No comments: