Thursday, December 4, 2008

The Design Process


I'm designing and making an apron for Janine of the The Pink Teapot. She wants it to have the same color pallette as her blog. So here's the fabrics she has picked out. The pink is Amy Butler. The black is Kona Black. The print is called "Amsterdam" and is by Cranston. I've washed everything and ironed it.

A big plug here for Fabric.com. They have the best selection of fabric and their staff is so nice and helpful.



It needs to be pink with a black scalloped edge:

Got that part done.













It needs a teaset appliqued on it.

Well, I got the teapot done. I'm thinking about
a button on the top of the lid as an accent. This teapot was quite difficult to applique. Lot's of curves and turns, but so far it looks pretty good.

I didn't think that the print would work for the applique. I thought it was too big in scale, but it's lending itself to the design pretty well.

The applique is about 4 or 5 inches in height and about 6 inches in width, including the handle.

2 comments:

Mona said...

This apron is looking beautiful!! A button on the lid would be perfect!

Janine said...

I love my apron! Thank you so much, I can't wait to wear it!